If you’re traveling in the coastal area of Texas, you should make your way to Houston. Not only is it a landmark city in the Lone Star State, there are also a number of things to do near Houston that appeal to everyone, especially if you’re traveling with your kids.
If you’re in the Houston area and you’ve got the kid with you, you need to take advantage of these amazing offerings for families:
1. Houston Symphony – The Houston Symphony is offering the Free Neighborhood Series, a collection of concerts they are offering throughout the summer at numerous locations throughout the city. This even includes a concert for the commemoration of the 4th of July. This means that no matter where you are, you will be able to take in some serious culture with one of the country’s best symphonies. If your kids are interested in getting an up-close look at the musician’s instruments, an “instrument petting zoo” starts about an hour prior to each concert.
2. Summer Story-Time Tours at Rienzi – If your kids are into reading, books, and actively interacting with stories, the Museum of Fine Arts hosts Summer Story-Time Tours at Rienzi (housed as part of the museum) on Wednesdays throughout the majority of summer on Wednesdays… and it’s free. You can also find some great story-time & activities at Houston Public Library locations throughout the city
3. Movies – Since we’re looking toward the summer, you might find it important to keep the kids calm, collected, and cool (in both temperature and temperament). Luckily, there are a number of theaters offering tickets to movies for as low as $1.00!
4. The Kemah Boardwalk – The Kemah Boardwalk is open daily providing fun for everyone. Located just 20 miles from downtown Houston, the Kemah Boardwalk is home to fabulous waterfront restaurants, amusements, charming retail stores, festivals and seaside shows every day. There are a number of ticket options available depending on the day of the week, so you can find a pricing option that works for your family. Moreover, the different rides have restrictions as to who can ride, but you can review their policies on their website prior to traveling.
5. Space Center Houston – Space Center Houston opened in 1992, and since then has welcomed nearly twenty million visitors to its 250,000-square-foot educational complex. Space Center Houston is a leading science and space learning center which your kids will absolutely love. It serves as one of Houston’s top attractions (tops for international visitors), the Official Visitor Center of the NASA Johnson Space Center, and Space Center Houston is the only Smithsonian Affiliate in the greater Houston area. It’s can be a little pricey, so if you’ve taken in the low-cost or free attractions throughout the city, it’s one of the premier places to invest. Just keep in mind that if your kids are STEM-oriented, this is the place to be!
Finding things to do near Houston isn’t hard to do, but definitely do your homework prior to your visit so as to know where things are happening. This bit of forethought will make your next trip to the Houston area one for the ages.
Contact the Bay Area Houston CVB for more information on the sights of the city that are worth checking out for everyone in your family.
On this page you can manage StartUp Bonus size for your clients. StartUp Bonus is a company’s promotion aimed to help you gain more potential clients by offering them through different media (offline and online) opportunity to join InstaForex and receive StartUp Bonus (No Deposit Bonus) for trading without any risks. As a partner you will receive commissions from trading of each referred client both before and after first deposit. Your clients can receive StartUp Bonus from InstaForex via this page:
Bonus Startup $1000
Trade 100 Bonus